Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
The new Computing Curriculum describes a genuinely useful and durable set of computing skills. Simon Peyton Jones and others have worked extremely hard to make this a reality for the UK. The new curriculum does a much better job than its predecessors in preparing students for a career in technology. For the last 6 years Morgan Stanley has worked closely with schools from the Tower Hamlets area to help them deliver on the promise of the new curriculum. James will share the sensational academic results that their schools have achieved during the last few years. He will show you where the project has enriched the lives of pupils and volunteers alike. During the talk James will also explore some of the challenges that schools, pupils and teachers are facing. You will learn how they help with those challenges and why it is so important to them. James will also be calling on you to help them all by inspiring more young people to take up careers in technology.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Monad I Love You Now Get Out of My Type System (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- Advanced Scala with Dick Wall (in London on 9th - 11th December 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Scalax2gether Community Day 2019 (in London on 14th December 2019)
- Code Kata: Yilin Wei - Optics with Monocle (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- The Last Frontier and Beyond (SkillsCast recorded in August 2019)
Lightning Talk: Britain’s Computing Education Problem Can Be Fixed
James has been working on this Scala-based project for six years and is a Scala Center member. Part of the sponsorship process for the initial work on Slick and ongoing work on performance of the core Scala compiler. He has had numerous other engagements with Scala.