Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
iOS interviews are stressful. The questions are tricky. You don't immediately know the answers, so you nervously rush to figure them out. It's almost like the interviewer is rooting for you to fail… or are they? As someone who has a ton of interviewing experience on both sides of the table, Alex has seen a lot of potentially good candidates get rejected because of simple mistakes. It's heartbreaking. Alex wants to help everyone unlock their potential as interview candidates and really be able to show off what they know. Most interviewing workshops seem to focus on the frameworks, algorithms, and trivia that you need to learn. Instead of focusing on memorizing, learn what your interviewer is actually thinking (and wants) and how to use that to win at interviewing.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- iOSCon 2020 - The conference for iOS and Swift Developers (in London on 19th - 20th March 2020)
- Clean Architecture using BLoC & Voyager: DI & the Widget Router (in London on 21st October 2019)
- The Sonic Contender (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Cleaning the Big Picture: Creating Maintainable Mobile Games in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Design to code. Meet Supernova. (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Lightning Talk: Dear Interviewee: What Your Interviewer Would Like You to Know, But Can’t Tell You
Alex Karp is an iOS Engineering Manager at Wayfair, his team focusing on the very bottom parts of the conversion funnel in their iOS apps: The checkout process, shipping information, and loyalty and financing programs. He lives near Boston with his girlfriend and an adorable young cockapoo. In his free time, he brings back the 1920s via his love of dancing and teaching Lindy Hop.