Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
You have almost 20 years of Scala experience and have experience with many other languages. Recently you have jumped onto Kotlin, because it looks very promising as Java competitor. Of course there is no one size fits all solution. Joost will show how the two languages compare and explain why and when, you should pick one over the other. Or maybe should consider some else all together.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- Advanced Scala with Dick Wall (in London on 9th - 11th December 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Scalax2gether Community Day 2019 (in London on 14th December 2019)
- Code Kata: Yilin Wei - Optics with Monocle (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- The Last Frontier and Beyond (SkillsCast recorded in August 2019)
Kotlin vs Scala
Urs is a seasoned software engineer and trainer with over 15 years of experience in building resilient, scalable, mission critical systems on the JVM mostly using Scala, with Kotlin as a recent addition. As one of the first certified Scala trainers he has taught and mentored a great amount of developers in getting mature with the Scala ecosystem and reactive programming. As a people person by nature he loves to share knowledge, inspire and get inspired by pears on meetups and conferences.
Passionate software craftsman working for Xebia and organiser at Amsterdam.scala & Kotlin.amsterdam, always looking to learn, share, teach and meet new people