Have you ever thought about speaking at a conference? Have you ever wondered how the speakers managed to get into the conference?
I am afraid of public speaking, I usually speak fast and I’m asthmatic. None of that stopped me to accomplish my dream of sharing knowledge and give to the community as much as I have gotten from the community.
I will share with you how I managed to speak at events across Europe and US, and how thanks to the advice from other speakers and mentors, I manage to overcome my fears and limitations. Hopefully you will leave the session wanting to share your knowledge with others!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Getting into Tech Speaking: Challenges & Opportunities (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- WebAssembly Deep Dive with Brian Sletten (in London on 21st - 22nd November 2019)
- Free Code Camp - October (in London on 29th October 2019)
- Device Tree Driver (in London on 29th October 2019)
- RS232 Board for the Pi (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
How to Overcome Your Fears to Become a Conference Speaker
Antonio is a Delivery Manager with over 18 years’ experience in the IT industry and specialises in Agile methodologies. He comes from a technical background, starting his career as a Java Developer in Spain in 2000, moving to different roles within IT in three different countries. Antonio is passionate about creating and implementing the best solution while continually seeking to improve work methodologies. He is convinced that most of the problems in IT are due to lack of communication! Antonio usually speaks about Agile, DevOps, Project Management and Team management at conferences across Europe and US, such as DevOps Days, JAX, TopConf and Voxxed Days.