Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
The basic advantages of using GraphQL are plain to see. But how do you move an existing application across and what decisions are made?
American Express CardShop builds a widely used customer facing website. They have made the decision to migrate to a GraphQL interface. Karan will present a case study of their initial migration, the decisions, the discoveries and arguments for and against GraphQL. When you have an existing revenue generating product you have to justify technology change. He will present their case and describe what technologies they chose and why.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Damjan Vujnovic's Angular Workshop (in London on 3rd - 5th July 2019)
- WebAssembly Deep Dive with Brian Sletten (in London on 8th - 9th July 2019)
- London TensorFlow.js (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Keynote by Bruce Lawson on How To Make Loveliness: an HTML Treasure Hunt (in London on 24th June 2019)
- Upgrading to Django 2.2 (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Frontend Series (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Lightning Talk: GraphQL to Apollo or not
Karan is a Fullstack developer at American Express CardShop working with Node, React and GraphQL. He is a recent graduate of Georgia Tech and studying for his Master's Degree.