Matt Gottschalk and Ben Franck, both UX & DesignOps Managers at Centrica, will share the journey they have been on since setting up their DesignOps function at the beginning of this year in the second talk. They will discuss the types of problems that come with managing and supporting a de-centralised design team of 40+ User Experience designers, how they defined the role and how having a design operations function enabled them to streamline processes and drive efficiency and consistency.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fast Track to Machine Learning with Louis Dorard (in London on 15th - 17th July 2019)
- Real-time Systems with Spark Streaming and Kafka (in London on 23rd - 24th September 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - A one-day community celebration of Big Data, Machine Learning and AI (in London on 4th July 2019)
- CloudNative London 2019 (in London on 25th - 27th September 2019)
- IWDS 23: Intro to Natural Language Processing (NLP) - 1/2 (in London on 24th June 2019)
- Keynote by Emily Robinson on Creating a Strong Data Science Portfolio (in London on 24th June 2019)
- Using Watson to talk to traditional systems without breaking the bank! (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Achieve 100% Analytics Adoption with a New Class of Enterprise Intelligence (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Shaping and implementing a DesignOps function
Ben has both agency and in-house background, both in the travel industry and B2B Technology. His passion for user centred design started right at the beginning of his career working as a designer, sitting meters away from the call centre agents giving him prime access to customer insights. He has been championing users since then.
Having previously worked as a User Experience Designer at a number of large organisations, Matt has seamlessly moved into the world of DesignOps having gained a strong understanding and empathy for the designer experience and what it takes to create great design work. His passion for building relationships and collaborating with stakeholders and his own teams have helped shape his own strategical and tactical goals of Design Operations.