Are you learning Flutter architecture, but confused by Streams, Sinks, RxDart, Redux, and all the others? There’s a simpler alternative: Scoped Model! However, Scoped Model is merely a wrapper around two Flutter features: InheritedWidgets and Listenables!
First, we’ll dive into how the role of Model classes and how they can be used to architect scalable applications. We will write a Model class from scratch, demonstrating how it uses the Listenable class from Flutter!
Next, we’ll write the ScopedModel Widget. This will demonstrate how to pass data from a Model to several different Widgets using the power of InheritedWidgets! This talk aims to demonstrate how you can use Scoped Model to build scalable applications, as well as a practical understanding of how you can use two powerful features of Flutter: Listenables and InheritedWidgets!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Brian Egan's Flutter and Dart Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Flutter with Streams and RxDart (SkillsCast recorded in July 2018)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Front Endgineers London (in London on 1st July 2019)
- Hybrid Apps from a Ember/Vue/React PWA (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Bringing Back Dial-up: The Internet Over SMS (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Learn Scoped Model by building Scoped Model
Brian is a front-end developer with Android, Web and Flutter expertise. He previously worked on popular applications for SoundCloud and Zappos as a senior Engineer and Tech Lead. He's currently working with Google to create the Flutter Cookbook and actively develops several open source libraries, such as RxDart, Redux.dart, and the Flutter Architecture Samples.