Are you learning Flutter architecture, but confused by Streams, Sinks, RxDart, Redux, and all the others? There’s a simpler alternative: Scoped Model! However, Scoped Model is merely a wrapper around two Flutter features: InheritedWidgets and Listenables!
First, we’ll dive into how the role of Model classes and how they can be used to architect scalable applications. We will write a Model class from scratch, demonstrating how it uses the Listenable class from Flutter!
Next, we’ll write the ScopedModel Widget. This will demonstrate how to pass data from a Model to several different Widgets using the power of InheritedWidgets! This talk aims to demonstrate how you can use Scoped Model to build scalable applications, as well as a practical understanding of how you can use two powerful features of Flutter: Listenables and InheritedWidgets!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Brian Egan's Flutter and Dart Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Flutter with Streams and RxDart (SkillsCast recorded in July 2018)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- iOSCon 2020 - The conference for iOS and Swift Developers (in London on 19th - 20th March 2020)
- Clean Architecture using BLoC & Voyager: DI & the Widget Router (in London on 21st October 2019)
- The Sonic Contender (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Cleaning the Big Picture: Creating Maintainable Mobile Games in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Design to code. Meet Supernova. (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Learn Scoped Model by building Scoped Model
Brian is a front-end developer with Android, Web and Flutter expertise. He previously worked on popular applications for SoundCloud and Zappos as a senior Engineer and Tech Lead. He's currently working with Google to create the Flutter Cookbook and actively develops several open source libraries, such as RxDart, Redux.dart, and the Flutter Architecture Samples.