Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
The first panicked 3am call from your bosses boss telling you that something is down, the multi-million contract which the company lives and dies by is at risk and you have 10 minutes to fix it is a great day. It means your software means something, it has value!
But after the dust settles and we all realize that we don’t know when the next critical failure is, how do we start gaining visibility on the health and fitness of our systems? Are dashboards the answer?
JB talks about his journey from how he and his team evolved visibility in their systems, reduced those 3am calls, proposes throwing those overhead dashboards in the bin and looks to the future of how we could build self-monitoring software.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fast Track to RESTful Microservices (in London on 11th - 13th November 2019)
- Strategic DDD & Sociotechnical Architecture with Kacper Gunia and Nick Tune (in New York City on 18th - 19th November 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- µCon London 2020 - The Conference on Microservices, DDD & Software Architecture (in London on 27th - 29th May 2020)
- A Guide to the Market Promise of Automagic AI-Enabled Detection and Response (in London on 29th October 2019)
- Keynote by Konrad Kokosa: What’s New in .NET Core 3.0 and .NET 5.0 for Performance and Memory-Aware Folks? (in London on 29th October 2019)
- Transforming Legal Recruitment with a Market Knowledge Graph (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Implementing Clean Architecture in Flutter using BLoC (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Lightning Talk: Continuous Visibility, No More Dashboards!
JB is a Tech Lead at ThoughtWorks. He has spent 13 years in the sports data world working with big, fast, critical microservice ecosystems. A keen microservice advocate he is looking forward to helping companies release the potential of their digital platforms by embracing the small and chatty.