Dev is the Co-Founder and CEO of nPlan, a machine learning company that learns how completed construction projects performed to predict the outcomes of future projects.
We last heard from Dev in June 2018, where he shared the story of how nPlan went from an idea to a business. In this talk, Dev will share how things have progressed since his last talk and why the value behind nPlan is so exciting to our industry. Since June 2018, nPlan has won a number of awards (NCE100, Forbes), has scaled to operate in 8 countries and has processed schedules representing over $450B of construction spend, the largest dataset of its kind in the world. During the talk, Dev will answer questions on the cultural change behind the use of data derived insights in an area that has been dominated by subjective opinions. He will also walk us through some of the barriers that nPlan and clients have wrestled with and explore how these may be overcome. The AI vision for project delivery is getting closer, but how do we get it to the tipping point?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The Journey From Launching a Startup Through to Securing a Contract to Introduce AI to HS2 (SkillsCast recorded in June 2018)
- Leonardo De Marchi's Deep Learning Fundamentals (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Brian Sletten's Data Science with Python Workshop (in London on 18th - 20th November 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Practical ML 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd July 2020)
- Knowledge Graph Applications in the Legal Profession & Fashion Industry (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Solandra Hands-On Tutorial & Emergent Behaviour In Insects (in London on 28th October 2019)
- How AI can be used to enable assisted living for the ageing population (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- The importance of DataOps (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Unleashing the Power of AI on projects; why we need to change culture
Dev’s experience is in delivering construction projects with Shell, spanning 3 continents over 9 years. Following this, Dev worked within the UK Government to launch and deliver the national review on AI, which was published as part of the Industrial Strategy in 2017. Since his review concluded, more than £1.5B has been allocated by the Government into the progression of AI.