This evening session is focused upon Snap Machine Learning (Snap ML) and applications within finance. Snap ML is a state of the art library for accelerated machine learning, developed by IBM Research to remove training time as the bottleneck. The library is a perfect fit for financial big data use cases involving transactions, customers and bills.
Snap ML offers:
- GPU-acceleration of the most popular machine learning algorithms such as logistic regression, linear regression, decision trees and random forests.
- Distributed training on massive datasets that usually exceed memory capacity of a single machine.
- Optimised for working with spare datasets.
We're excited to be joined by the Snap ML research team who will present and demo a finance use-case. We will also provide a brief demo of how to access Snap ML from your own environment.
Agenda as follows:
19:00 - 19:10 - Luis Armenta Garza, IBM Systems - 'Introduction to Snap ML'
19:10 - 20:00 - Haris Pozidis, IBM Research - 'Snap ML: Accelerating Machine Learning for Business Applications'
20:00 - 20:30 - Giorgos Aniftos, IBM Systems - 'Accessing Snap ML'
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Martine Devos' Certified Scrum Product Owner (in London on 29th - 30th October 2019)
- Jenny Martin's BDD From Start to Finish - Successful Delivery through Continuous Collaboration (in London on 4th - 6th November 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Knowledge Graph Applications in the Legal Profession & Fashion Industry (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Business Agility and Continuous Compliance (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- How AI can be used to enable assisted living for the ageing population (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- The importance of DataOps (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)