In this talk Colin Hammond raises the importance of using the best foundation metric on software endeavours. He explains why size is the most important aspect to measure and why the ISO standard, COSMIC Function Points is the best metric to use. Using this as the base, other metrics for cost, productivity, schedule adherence, quality and resources can all be reliably derived, resulting in more reliable estimates and better project control.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Brian Sletten's Data Science with Python Workshop (in London on 18th - 20th November 2019)
- Fast Track to Machine Learning with Louis Dorard (in London on 2nd - 4th December 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Practical ML 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd July 2020)
- Solandra Hands-On Tutorial & Emergent Behaviour In Insects (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Conditional Random Fields: Probabilistic Models for Segmenting and Labelling Sequence Data. (in London on 28th October 2019)
- The Five Stages of Data: A Holistic Approach to Data Analytics and BI (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Implementing Clean Architecture in Flutter using BLoC (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
The best metric for software work
Colin Hammond has over 30 years of experience leading software development projects and portfolios for many leading organisations throughout the UK. His focus on using proven and trustworthy project metrics inspired him to create ScopeMaster®, the world's first tool that analyses software requirements (using Natural Language Processing) in order to perform size measurement and Q.A. simultaneously. Colin is an innovator and now CEO of ScopeMaster Ltd.