Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Getting started with Test Driven Development (TDD) and more importantly doing it well can be very challenging. It requires a different mindset and approach to writing and developing code. However, once in that mindset, it is very difficult not to write tests first.
But why bother writing tests first?
In this session, Layla will go through the reasons for writing tests before coding, look at architecture and design principles, such as SOLID and see how it all comes together to create a more testable and maintainable application.
She will show you how to get better at writing tests first with practical examples on how to reprogram a T800 series Terminator so you can start using TDD in your own applications (or killer robots from the future).
Hasta La Vista badly-written code!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Jenny Martin's BDD From Start to Finish - Successful Delivery through Continuous Collaboration (in London on 4th - 6th November 2019)
- Uncle Bob Martin's Clean Code Workshop on Agile Software Craftsmanship (in London on 2nd - 3rd December 2019)
- F# eXchange 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd April 2020)
- ProgNET London 2020 (in London on 16th - 18th September 2020)
- Keynote by Konrad Kokosa: What’s New in .NET Core 3.0 and .NET 5.0 for Performance and Memory-Aware Folks? (in London on 29th October 2019)
- London Unreal Engine Meetup #33 (in London on 21st November 2019)
- Pragmatic Memory Management (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Keynote: Is DevOps Still Relevant In A Cloud Native World? (Enterprise Edition) (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)