Over the past two decades software has shifted from serving professionals to being woven into every corner of life. Users no longer accept a UI that's merely functional; it has to be intuitive, fast, and visually appealing. Our discussion will focus on the patterns and practices any developer can employ without specialized design or graphics knowledge. We'll cover how we've evolved a real-world, large application to deliver for a really difficult audience - impatient developers. You'll be able to apply these same techniques in your own apps to get better results from your user community.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Scaling Systems: Implementations that Grow (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# (in London on 9th - 10th December 2019)
- Fast Track to F# with Tomas Petricek (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- F# eXchange 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd April 2020)
- Practical ML 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd July 2020)
- Keynote by Konrad Kokosa: What’s New in .NET Core 3.0 and .NET 5.0 for Performance and Memory-Aware Folks? (in London on 29th October 2019)
- London Unreal Engine Meetup #33 (in London on 21st November 2019)
- Pragmatic Memory Management (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- A special Linuxing In London evening: NVIDIA AI at the Edge (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Real World UX Problem Solving
Kendall Miller is one of the founding partners of Gibraltar Software, an Independent Software Vendor (ISV) that develops & markets commercial applications for .NET developers. Introduced commercially in 2009, Loupe is an application logging & monitoring platform that is currently used by customers around the world from individual consultants through Fortune 100 companies and governments.