CQRS is of great use for building things other than server side systems as most people tend to use it for.
Watch this SkillsCast recording of this talk by Greg Young and learn about the use of CQRS in other kinds of systems and how it can greatly decrease complexity while providing value to users of the system.
If you are interested in CQRS, may like to check out more here:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Event Sourcing and Microservices (SkillsCast recorded in November 2017)
- Alberto Brandolini's EventStorming Workshop (in London on 13th - 14th November 2019)
- Strategic DDD & Sociotechnical Architecture with Kacper Gunia and Nick Tune (in New York City on 18th - 19th November 2019)
- µCon London 2020 - The Conference on Microservices, DDD & Software Architecture (in London on 27th - 29th May 2020)
- Storystorming with Martin Schimak (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Domain Driven Design in Practice with Helin Ece Akgul (SkillsCast recorded in August 2019)
- Solving 5 typical Issues in API development with Domain Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
CQRS, not just for server systems
Greg Young coined the term "CQRS" (Command Query Responsibility Segregation) and it was instantly picked up by the community who have elaborated upon it ever since.