Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this tutorial, Ashic looks at how we can do dependency injection, aspect orientation and other trendy things without resorting to complicated frameworks. We will see how message passing allows us to follow object oriented principles.
When most people hear about messaging, they think about large distributed systems, message brokers, service buses - and that is certainly one use case. But messaging can be used in other contexts as well. And we will look at some of these. We will see how we can do dependency injection, aspect orientation and other trendy things without resorting to complicated frameworks. We will see how message passing allows us to follow object oriented principles
We will look at testing things without "touching" them and how messages can be used to define executable specifications that produce human readable reports. We will look at how these things can help in modelling and DDD.
And finally, we will discuss how these concepts applied at a micro level can help us scale to much larger contexts while not having to throw away the baby with the bath water. In short, we will look at ways of applying messaging for things that traditionally don't - and the benefits of doing so.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Cassandra - awesome for non-petabyte scale (too) (SkillsCast recorded in August 2014)
- Jenny Martin's BDD From Start to Finish - Successful Delivery through Continuous Collaboration (in London on 24th - 26th June 2019)
- Software Architecture for Developers Workshop with Robert Smallshire (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - A one-day community celebration of Big Data, Machine Learning and AI (in London on 4th July 2019)
- Keynote Evening with Russ Miles (in London on 1st July 2019)
- Applying Chaos Engineering to build Resilient Serverless Applications (in London on 9th July 2019)
- Securing microservices in a serverless world (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Solving 5 typical Issues in API development with Domain Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Messaging - It's not just about Large Scale Integration
Ashic Mahtab is a passionate and highly respected member of London's developer community, Passionate about Software Craftsmanship, Software Design, Messaging, DDD, CQRS, Event Sourcing, Git and Versioning and almost anything to do with software, Ashic regularly speaks about these topics at international conferences, meetups and user groups..