Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this Practical Functional-first Programming with F# tutorial, Don Syme introduces you to the practical application of F#.NET programming to solve real-world analytical programming problems.
The tutorial will begin with a short lecture introducing the core value proposition of F# - robust, efficient, type-safe, succinct analytical programming which can be deployed in the enterprise context.
You’ll then progress through a series of worked examples for learning functional and OO programming in F#, including the F# Koans, samples for interactive charting and some introductory algorithms.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- F# eXchange 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd April 2020)
- Towards F# 5.0 (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Pivotal's Core Spring (in London on 4th - 7th November 2019)
- Fast Track to RESTful Microservices (in London on 11th - 13th November 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Countdown to Big Data LDN (in London on 17th October 2019)
- PowerBI, The Must-Know Speed Up Tricks (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Higher-Order Type-Level Programming (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Stick to Simple Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Practical Functional-first Programming with F#
Don Syme is a Principal Researcher at Microsoft Mobile Tools and Microsoft Research, Cambridge. He works with researchers, Microsoft and open source communities to make better programming technologies, and, through that, make people more productive and happier.