Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
This talk will cover uSwitch.com migration to Clojure, Ruby, and MongoDB: why they did it, what they found difficult and the benefits they've gained. Building upon this technical "revolution" Paul will discuss their more recent work in building a data platform with Kafka, Cascalog and Clojure, and building a data team to help answer deeper questions that were difficult or impossible to answer before.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Brian Sletten's Data Science with Python Workshop (in London on 18th - 20th November 2019)
- Fast Track to Machine Learning with Louis Dorard (in London on 2nd - 4th December 2019)
- Clojure eXchange 2019 (in London on 2nd - 3rd December 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Solandra Hands-On Tutorial & Emergent Behaviour In Insects (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Conditional Random Fields: Probabilistic Models for Segmenting and Labelling Sequence Data. (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Knowledge Graphs and AI to Hyper-Personalise the Fashion Retail Experience at Farfetch (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Transforming Legal Recruitment with a Market Knowledge Graph (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
uSwitch.com - Our Age of Enlightenment
Paul joined Forward (then known TrafficBroker) in 2008 and worked primarily within the Search business to help build many of the early automated data processing systems. For the last 2 years, since uSwitch.com's ac