Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
F# is a powerful open-source language which Microsoft, other companies and the F# community all contribute to. In this talk, Don will discuss how the “F# space” has recently opened up significantly in interesting ways.
F# now includes contributions that range from Cloud IDE platforms, Cloud Compute frameworks, Data interoperability components, Cross-platform execution, Try F#, MonoDevelop, and even Emacs editor integration with surprising tooling support, as well as the Visual F# tools from Microsoft and the broader NuGet package ecosystem. Don will also talk about some of the latest contributions from Microsoft Research, including new type provider components for F#, and describe how his team work with the Visual F# team and other teams around Microsoft. There will also be demos of some fun new stuff that’s been going on with F# at MSR and the community.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- F# eXchange 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd April 2020)
- Towards F# 5.0 (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- Clojure eXchange 2019 (in London on 2nd - 3rd December 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Keynote by Brian Ketelsen on Going Multicloud with Serverless (in London on 17th October 2019)
- 2 Presentations: Kubernetes Ingress & DevOps and Microservices Better Together (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Keynote: (Programming Languages) in Agda = Programming (Languages in Agda) (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Keynote: Haskell is a Great Host (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
F# in the open source world
Don Syme is a Principal Researcher at Microsoft Mobile Tools and Microsoft Research, Cambridge. He works with researchers, Microsoft and open source communities to make better programming technologies, and, through that, make people more productive and happier.