The main goal behind this project is to create a language that would be a good tool for developers, i.e. will be safe, concise, flexible, 100% Java-compatible and well-supported by IDE and other tooling.
Kotlin is an open-source project developed by JetBrains, creators of IntelliJ IDEA and ReSharper, with the help of the community. At this talk, Andrey Breslav (Kotlin project lead) gives an overview of the language and the principles behind it.
Among other things, the following features will be covered:
- Static null-safety
- Extension functions
- Higher-order functions and type-safe builders
- Smart casts: Kotlin's lightweight pattern matching
- Enhancing existing Java APIs with Kotlin
- Developing mixed Kotlin/Java projects
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 22nd - 24th October 2018)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 23rd - 24th October 2018)
- droidcon London 2018 (in London on 25th - 26th October 2018)
- Simon Brown's Software Architecture for Developers Workshop (in London on 29th - 30th October 2018)