In this talk @sleepyfox takes us on a journey of what software quality means, how we might measure it, and how this influences our lives as software professionals.
Most everyone who has worked in a large organisation and has seen Metrics programmes implemented has experienced the strange organisational (mis)behaviour that these programmes seem to engender. Why does this happen, and what can we do about it? What does it make sense to measure on a software project, and how can we ensure that measurement reflects reality?
This event has been organised by the London Code Dojo. To find out more about this group and what they do, click here!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk: Fullstack Clojure in the Movie Business (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Martine Devos' Certified Scrum Master, Estimation & Planning Class (in London on 4th - 5th November 2019)
- Agile at Scale: Inspired by Spotify (in London on 6th - 7th November 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- 2 Presentations: Kubernetes Ingress & DevOps and Microservices Better Together (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Right to Left - Outcome Driven Agility (in London on 21st October 2019)
- RedisTimeSeries = A Time Series Database using Redis (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Resilience and Chaos Engineering at Hotels.com (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Nigel has shepherded the success of a wide variety of projects drawn from many business sectors and also has had the privilege of spending 5 years of his life working on the largest IT disaster in history, the £22bn white elephant known as NPfIT.