Allan Kelly believes that every team should create their own methodology. And to prove it he has mixed Kanban and Extreme Programming, folded in some product management, and a cup of Economics and a pinch of of extra Lean thinking.
The result focuses on teams not projects, allows for planned and unplanned work within iterations and levels flow. One team using this approach claims to be able to deliver "to the day."
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Why Devs Hate Agile and What to do About It (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
- Martine Devos' Certified Scrum Product Owner (in London on 29th - 30th October 2019)
- Martine Devos' Certified Scrum Master, Estimation & Planning Class (in London on 4th - 5th November 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- Diversity for Digital – Become the Ambassador of Making a Difference (in London on 21st November 2019)
- Keynote by Gordon Weir on The Transformation. Reality. And Then, Real Change. (in London on 10th December 2019)
- Right to Left - Outcome Driven Agility (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- DevOps and Microservices Better Together (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Xanpan - not a methodology, a personal take on agile
Allan Kelly helps companies large and small enhance their agility and boost their digital offering. Clients include: Virgin Atlantic, Qualcomm, The Bank of England, Reed Elsevier and many more small innovative companies you've never heard of. He invented Value Poker, Time-Value Profiles and Retrospective Dialogue Sheets. He is the author of "Dear Customer, the truth about IT" and books including "Project Myopia", "Continuous Digital", "Xanpan" and "Business Patterns for Software Developers". His blog is at https://www.allankellyassociates.co.uk/blog/