Allan Kelly believes that every team should create their own methodology. And to prove it he has mixed Kanban and Extreme Programming, folded in some product management, and a cup of Economics and a pinch of of extra Lean thinking.
The result focuses on teams not projects, allows for planned and unplanned work within iterations and levels flow. One team using this approach claims to be able to deliver "to the day."
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Why Devs Hate Agile and What to do About It (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
- Jenny Martin's BDD From Start to Finish - Successful Delivery through Continuous Collaboration (in London on 24th - 26th June 2019)
- Martine Devos' Certified Scrum Master, Estimation & Planning Class (in London on 24th - 25th June 2019)
- SC London 2019 (Software Craftsmanship London) (in London on 3rd - 4th October 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- Agile Around The World (in London on 1st July 2019)
- Digital Leadership July (in London on 1st July 2019)
- Using Agile Techniques to lead your startup and Scale-up your Company (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Measuring Agility with Plandek (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Xanpan - not a methodology, a personal take on agile
Allan Kelly helps companies large and small enhance their agility and boost their digital offering. Clients include: Virgin Atlantic, Qualcomm, The Bank of England, Reed Elsevier and many more small innovative companies you've never heard of. He invented Value Poker, Time-Value Profiles and Retrospective Dialogue Sheets. He is the author of "Dear Customer, the truth about IT" and books including "Project Myopia", "Continuous Digital", "Xanpan" and "Business Patterns for Software Developers". His blog is at https://www.allankellyassociates.co.uk/blog/