Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
What happens when a major client decides they need to modularize and upgrade their processes, BUT the current build system consists of Perl, Makefiles, Ant builds M4 macros? In addition has a source control system that relies on multiple directories all randomly arranged. Simple, you pull out Gradle!
This talk will discuss how to use Gradle to modernize and customize old build processes that have gotten out of control. How using the power of a declarative system that is not rigid allows you to create an extensible markup system.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- NoSQL with Grails (SkillsCast recorded in December 2013)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Migrating to Java 11 with Ben Evans (in London on 28th - 29th October 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Keynote by Heather VanCura on The Future of Java and You (in London on 7th November 2019)
- Scales and Flow Meters (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Privacy Engineering for the World of Kafka (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
How Gradle Saved the Day at a Major Company
Joseph Faisal Nusairat, author of Beginning JBoss Seam and co-author Beginning Groovy & Grails, is a Java developer who worked full time in the Columbus Ohio area for 11 years before relocating to his new home of always sunny Phoenix Arizona.