Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk David will discuss architecture theory while live coding a series of Micro Services in Groovy (and friends), and show them working in concert to implement a highly decoupled, yet complex, application stack.
Micro Service Architectures have quietly gathered fans and implementations over the past couple of years, as much for their ease of implementation as the incredible adaptability they add to your systems.
The first decision to make is what framework to implement in. If it's HTTP based, there are a plethora of options, if it isn't then you are much more constrained. You assume you will lose the benefits of your investment in Spring and the existing technologies as Spring has historically required a fair amount of setup, what if that weren't the case?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk: Polyglot Event Sourcing and DDD in 15 minutes (SkillsCast recorded in November 2017)
- Migrating to Java 11 with Ben Evans (in London on 28th - 29th October 2019)
- Pivotal's Core Spring (in London on 4th - 7th November 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Keynote by Heather VanCura on The Future of Java and You (in London on 7th November 2019)
- Scales and Flow Meters (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Privacy Engineering for the World of Kafka (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Groovy Micro Services with Spring Boot
David Dawson takes his passion for design, architecture and philosophy to all their clients, drinks their coffee and gives them Microservice platforms and systems in return.