Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
This talk introduces the Spring RESTBucks sample project to implement a business process in a hypermedia-driven way and discusses approaches to challenges in implementation and how the Spring HATEOAS library helps overcoming them.
Spring MVC forms a solid foundation to implement REST based web-services in Java. However, in real-world projects developers still face challenges when it comes to advanced questions of REST. How to really leverage hypermedia? How to model more complex business functionality with REST.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Spring Data REST - Repositories meet Hypermedia (SkillsCast recorded in November 2014)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Migrating to Java 11 with Ben Evans (in London on 28th - 29th October 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Keynote by Heather VanCura on The Future of Java and You (in London on 7th November 2019)
- Scales and Flow Meters (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Privacy Engineering for the World of Kafka (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
REST assured - Hypermedia APIs with Spring MVC
Oliver Gierke currently works as a SpringSource engineer being the Project lead of Spring Data JPA and Spring Data MongoDB. He is an OpenSource enthusiast.