This talk will introduce k-nearest neighbours, describe its performance characteristics, and discuss some tricks to speed it up on differentkinds of data -- and how to apply them in a production setting.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lies, Damned Lies & Dataviz (SkillsCast recorded in November 2014)
- Migrating to Java 11 with Ben Evans (in London on 28th - 29th October 2019)
- Pivotal's Core Spring (in London on 4th - 7th November 2019)
- Practical ML 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd July 2020)
- ProgNET London 2020 (in London on 16th - 18th September 2020)
- Knowledge Graph Applications in the Legal Profession & Fashion Industry (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Designing embodied human-computer interactions with audio processing parameters (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Pragmatic Memory Management (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Hiring a Personal Investigator for Your App (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Scaling up k-nearest neighbours classification
Andrew is Director of Learner Analytics & Data Science at Pearson, where he applies machine learning, statistical analysis and data visualization techniques to the challenges of 21st century education.