Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Interested in finding out more about Grand Central Dispatch and learning best practices in how to use it? Then make sure you're at Matias' talk!
Grand Central Dispatch (GCD, or libdispatch) is a powerful concurrency framework made available by Apple for iOS and OSX. In this talk, Matias will firstly introduce you to the key GCD concepts and essentials of using it for task based concurrency.
He will then take you on a tour of a number of production proven GCD patterns.
You will learn best practices to:
- design your GCD-dependent code to avoid deadlocks and other concurrency nasties
- throttle IO bound parallel tasks
- wait for completion of a number of tasks run in parallel
- implement readers-write locking of resources in a simple way
- process disk or network IO ridiculously fast
- throttle UI updates using dispatch sources
Freely licensed example code is to be made available on GitHub for each of the GCD recipes presented.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: