Are you interested in exploring real-life examples of BDD techniques and processes, worked start to finish? In this interactive workshop the Sparkle team will share their application of BDD techniques, from ideas to automation.
Jenny and Pete will talk through how they placed the Business at the heart of product development using highly collaborative techniques such as Impact Mapping, Dream Demo Visualisation and Specification by Example, and in particular the value of using examples at all levels of collaboration.
The team will show how they achieved their aspirations of highly reusable, relevant & enduring business-facing documentation through implementation of a domain-driven living documentation system with componentised examples at the foundation.
Expect an exploration of the Feedback Onion and how the team can accelerate delivery and respond quickly to constantly changing market pressures by using lean principles with a laser focus on maximising opportunities for feedback and learning.
The workshop will also explore some specific approaches to automation, using examples and continuous acceptance to support the right conversations at the right levels, with targeted implementation of executable specifications to support the living document.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Jenny Martin's BDD From Start to Finish - Successful Delivery through Continuous Collaboration (in London on 4th - 6th November 2019)
- Giving Engaging Technical Talks at Conferences and Meetups (in London on 18th - 19th November 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- Knowing Me Knowing you.... Ahaaaaa! (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Alberto Brandolini's EventStorming Workshop (in London on 13th - 14th November 2019)
- µCon London 2020 - The Conference on Microservices, DDD & Software Architecture (in London on 27th - 29th May 2020)
- 2 Presentations: Kubernetes Ingress & DevOps and Microservices Better Together (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Storystorming with Martin Schimak (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Design to code. Meet Supernova. (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Domain Driven Design in Practice with Helin Ece Akgul (SkillsCast recorded in August 2019)
Examples Soup-to-Nuts - from Ideas to Automation
Jenny Martin coaches in Agile delivery, quality improvement and innovation gaming. She has a deep appreciation for business goal segmentation and the visualization of what she labels ‘horizons of value’ within business strategy.
Pete is CTO at Railsbank - enabling fintech companies to access global banking with 5 lines of code, and driving the costs out of finance infrastructure so finance can be more inclusive and less abusive.