This session was not filmed.
Join experienced Agile Coach and QA Leader Mary Thorn as she explores 3 distinct case studies of implementing BDD in real world environments.
Acceptance Test Drive Development (ATDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD), and Cucumber promise many things related to your User Story acceptance tests. They promise tighter collaboration between the Product Owner and the team. They promise the ability for the Product Owner and other stakeholders to be able to "write their own" executable acceptance tests. They even promise an increase in the value being produced by your teams efforts as they focus on building the "right" products.
But promises are promises and not always tied to reality. Join experienced Agile Coach and QA Leader Mary Thorn as she explores 3 distinct case studies of implementing BDD in real world environments. Mary will explore each in detail, showing you how she introduced ATDD/BDD tooling and practices. How far was she able to advance towards the above promises, what were her strategies and how she overcame resistance. If you're struggling with or hoping to introduce BDD, this session will help you develop your own strategies and prepare your for the challenges.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Janet Gregory's Agile Testing for the Whole Team (in London on 28th - 30th October 2019)
- Martine Devos' Certified Scrum Master, Estimation & Planning Class (in London on 4th - 5th November 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- Icons - Gotta Catch Em All? - Workshop (in London on 7th November 2019)
- Diversity for Digital – Become the Ambassador of Making a Difference (in London on 21st November 2019)
- Right to Left - Outcome Driven Agility (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- DevOps and Microservices Better Together (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Implementing BDD utilizing Cucumber…the case studies presented
Mary Thorn is a Director of QA at ChannelAdvisor in Morrisville, North Carolina. She has a broad testing background that spans automation, data warehouses, and web-based systems in a wide variety of technologies and testing techniques.