Want to learn how to achieve high availability with Akka Cluster and Akka Persistence in Scala or Java?
We have invited Scala expert Heiko Seeberger to give a talk and demonstrate how to turn a simple service from running on a single server to an Akka cluster.
Come along and discover various advanced Akka features and patterns, e.g. spray (or Akka HTTP), Akka Cluster and Akka Persistence.
About Akka Akka is a toolkit and runtime for building highly concurrent, distributed, and fault tolerant event-driven applications on the JVM.
About Spray spray is an open-source toolkit for building REST/HTTP-based integration layers on top of Scala and Akka. Being asynchronous, actor-based, fast, lightweight, modular and testable it's a great way to connect your Scala applications to the world.
About Scala Scala is a functional programming language on the JVM.
You can find lots of SkillsCast recordings of Scala related talks by the Skills Matter community here
And if you like to contribute to our thriving Scala community, join in to learn and share Scala skills at some of the many talks, conferences, hackathons and meetups in the coming weeks and months!
Typesafe helps developers build Reactive applications with Play Framework, Akka, and Scala. You can find out more about Typesafe here.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- Lightbend Scala Language - Professional (in London on 10th - 11th December 2019)
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Expert (in London on 16th - 17th December 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Akka Cluster – Up and Running (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Migrating to Java 11 with Ben Evans (in London on 28th - 29th October 2019)
- Scalax2gether Community Day 2019 (in London on 14th December 2019)
- The Five Stages of Data: a holistic approach to data analytics and BI (in London on 21st October 2019)
- Code Kata: Yilin Wei - Optics with Monocle (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Scales and Flow Meters (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
High availability with Akka Cluster and Akka Persistence
Heiko Seeberger loves rock climbing, is an internationally renowned expert on Scala, Akka and Functional Programming and is enthusiastic about Rust. He has more than twenty years of experience in software engineering, consulting and training and is an active open source contributor. Heiko works as an independent consultant and regularly shares his knowledge at conferences and user group meetings. He tweets as @hseeberger and sometimes blogs at heikoseeberger.rocks.