Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
User authentication in mobile apps is a very common and integral use case. Implementing regular passwords is an easy solution but comes with several pitfalls that impair user experience.
In this talk the security flaws and UX implications of passwords will be discussed and highlighted which different techniques exist that are able to offer a more mobile friendly flow. Highlighting authorization and authentication techniques like OAuth, OpenID Connect and even hardware features like Bluetooth Low Energy this talk will be interesting for anyone who’s facing a situation where creating and storing user accounts matters.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Invisible Apps (SkillsCast recorded in October 2015)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Flutter London June Meetup (in London on 17th June 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Android Home-screen Widgets with Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Full Stack Testing of Flutter Apps (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
Death to Passwords
As a long time mobile and web developer, Tim channels his knowledge and experience as Braintree's Head of Developer Relations. He is passionate about startups and serves as a mentor at multiple incubators and accelerators. Prior to joining PayPal, Tim worked with Neofonie Mobile and Samsung focusing on several mobile projects. In his spare time, he leads and creates training classes in all sorts of developer-oriented topics, contributes to Open Source projects and is one of the authors of the Mobile Developer’s Guide to the Galaxy. In addition, he authored numerous articles published in print magazines.