Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
This talk will take the practical approach of a complex API to explain how RxJava and Functional Reactive Programming (FRP) can be used on every project to make your life easier.
Ever had to deal with terribly designed API or spent hours re-factoring your code to deal with an updated API? You've heard about RxJava but can't see how it could benefit your project?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Let's get Functional (SkillsCast recorded in October 2015)
- Brian Egan's Flutter and Dart Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Modern development with Java (in London on 9th - 11th December 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Clean Architecture using BLoC & Voyager: DI & the Widget Router (in London on 21st October 2019)
- Keynote by Heather VanCura on The Future of Java and You (in London on 7th November 2019)
- Cleaning the Big Picture: Creating Maintainable Mobile Games in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Principled Testing of Functional Reactive Systems (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Rx-Fy all the things!
Benjamin is a Software Craftsman and Android developer at Novoda. Ben might have started thinking functionally when, as a kid, he got hit on his head by a ladder while doing maths homework. Suddenly, he could see functions everywhere, and now he's sharing his visions with the world. Or maybe this is just one of those crazy made up back stories, who knows? One thing is sure, he is convinced that functional programming has a lot to teach us on our everyday work.