Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Etsy loves Gradle. On the Android team, we use it for all our builds, and have it integrated with our Jenkins / CI jobs to run all of our tests, lints, builds, update version numbers, and deploy our internal releases. Everyone should love Gradle. This talk will get the audience acquainted with the Groovy/Gradle DSL, and then move into some really sweet ways you can clean up and reuse your build code (for multiproject builds and plugins).
What this talk will cover:
- Groovy basics: closures, filtering, variable declaration, classes
- Gradle primitives: files, tasks, configurations
- Gradle execution phases: configuration and execution
- Setting up a multiproject build
- Writing a Gradle plugin to make reusable build logic: I'll walk through the process we went through to set up a simple Gradle plugin we use at Etsy to keep our tablet layouts synced across multiple screen resolutions.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Are You Managing or Leading? (in London on 4th July 2017)
- Masterclass: Reducing Technical Debt with Michael C. Feathers (in London on 21st - 22nd August 2017)
- Russ Miles' Microservices Workshop (in London on 4th - 6th September 2017)
- µCon 2017: The Microservices Conference (in London on 6th - 7th November 2017)