Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Etsy loves Gradle. On the Android team, we use it for all our builds, and have it integrated with our Jenkins / CI jobs to run all of our tests, lints, builds, update version numbers, and deploy our internal releases. Everyone should love Gradle. This talk will get the audience acquainted with the Groovy/Gradle DSL, and then move into some really sweet ways you can clean up and reuse your build code (for multiproject builds and plugins).
What this talk will cover:
- Groovy basics: closures, filtering, variable declaration, classes
- Gradle primitives: files, tasks, configurations
- Gradle execution phases: configuration and execution
- Setting up a multiproject build
- Writing a Gradle plugin to make reusable build logic: I'll walk through the process we went through to set up a simple Gradle plugin we use at Etsy to keep our tablet layouts synced across multiple screen resolutions.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- LDNUG September 2017 - #ProgNET Special with Richard Campbell (in London on 12th September 2017)
- Progressive .NET 2017 (in London on 13th - 15th September 2017)
- Fast Track to F# with Tomas Petricek & Phil Trelford (in London on 16th - 17th October 2017)
- Test Driven Development (TDD) Workshop with Damjan Vujnovic (in London on 7th - 8th December 2017)