Join Marton Hipszki as we explore end-to-end unit testing.
1. Set up your environment.
- Node / Mocha / Expect / Should
- Angular / Karma+Jasmine / Protractor
2. From user story level to writing tests first.
- turning Acceptance Criteria to tasks
- breaking down your tasks to doable subtasks
3. Turn user stories to end-to-end tests.
- add Protractor e2e tests for user journeys
4. Make your backend API rock solid.
- add Mocha integration tests to cover API endpoints
5. Going down in the testing pyramid.
- cross browser Jasmine unit testing Angular services / controllers
- unit testing API endpoint handlers
- mocking dependencies, speed up tests
6. How automated tests pay off.
- why automated testing is mandatory?
- why add unit tests beside integration tests?
- breaking your code with confidence
- saving time immediately
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Advanced Node.js Performance (in London on 16th - 17th July 2018)
- Test Driven Development (TDD) Workshop with Damjan Vujnovic (in London on 2nd - 3rd August 2018)
Unit testing throughout the MEAN stack