Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
This talks presents the major new features in Slick. Slick 2.1 improves database meta data, adds insertOrUpdate, pre-compiles take and drop and adds out-of-the-box shapes for mapping custom classes with Slick.
Slick 2.2 adds async support, automatically manages session and transaction lifetime for less boiler plate and less bugs and supports Option for structured data.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Patterns for Slick database applications (SkillsCast recorded in December 2013)
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- Advanced Scala with Dick Wall (in London on 9th - 11th December 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Scalax2gether Community Day 2019 (in London on 14th December 2019)
- Code Kata: Yilin Wei - Optics with Monocle (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- The Last Frontier and Beyond (SkillsCast recorded in August 2019)
Upcoming in Slick 2.2
Jan Christopher Vogt is a Software Engineer at Sport195 NYC, a former member of the Scala team in Switzerland and a major contributor to the Slick database library.