In this session, Russel Winder provides a great introduction to Groovy. His aim is to convince you that if you want a language other than Java, all you need is Groovy. After a brief introduction to the origins of Groovy and its main purpose . . .
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Microservices from the very start with Russel Winder! (SkillsCast recorded in June 2017)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Pivotal's Core Spring (in London on 8th - 11th July 2019)
- Keynote by Markus Eisele on Java in the Age of Containers and Serverless (in London on 20th June 2019)
- London Java Community June (in London on 25th June 2019)
- AdoptOpenJDK - And how it impacts you in 2019 (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Distilling Agile for Effective Execution (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
Groovy for Java Developers
Russel is an ex-theoretical physicist, ex-UNIX system programmer, ex-academic, ex-independent consultant, ex-analyst, ex-author, ex-expert witness and ex-trainer. Russel is still interested in programming and programming languages, and all things parallel and concurrent. And build. He's actively involved with GPars, Me TV, and various bits and pieces of SDR. Russel likes working with Python, Ceylon, Kotlin, D, Go, Rust, and C++17.