SkillsCast coming soon.
It’s all in the data. Join us for a hands-on workshop exploring techniques to accelerate delivery using real-world data examples. BDD practices help us involve the Business but can still be prone to misunderstandings and ambiguities. By turning examples from abstract to concrete at every step of the way we can create a dialogue, inform the design, find problems and complexities early and build elegant and relevant solutions to complex business problems.
We’ll cover how to start small, guiding development through use of incremental examples, giving the whole team a laser-like focus on the outcome, and helping the learning process start as early as possible.
We’ll explore ways of breaking the giant boulder down into small manageable pieces, using meaningful real-world data at every level of detail to facilitate great collaboration and feedback.
We’ll demonstrate the value of collaborating with real examples, driving conversations all the way to specific data from the start, identifying and solving domain problems early, and transferring this understanding into the design and implementation.
Exercises will help you use BDD practices in context, aiming to give the whole team some useful techniques to start using straight away, whatever your in-house development methodology.
This workshop is limited to 40 on a first come first serve basis.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Jenny Martin's BDD From Start to Finish - Successful Delivery through Continuous Collaboration (in London on 4th - 6th November 2019)
- Giving Engaging Technical Talks at Conferences and Meetups (in London on 18th - 19th November 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- Knowing Me Knowing you.... Ahaaaaa! (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Martine Devos' Certified Scrum Master, Estimation & Planning Class (in London on 4th - 5th November 2019)
- Diversity for Digital – Become the Ambassador of Making a Difference (in London on 21st November 2019)
- 2 Presentations: DevOps Patterns and Antipatterns & Best Practice Application Delivery (in London on 11th December 2019)
- Right to Left - Outcome Driven Agility (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- DevOps and Microservices Better Together (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Keeping it Real [Workshop]
Jenny Martin coaches in Agile delivery, quality improvement and innovation gaming. She has a deep appreciation for business goal segmentation and the visualization of what she labels ‘horizons of value’ within business strategy.
Pete is CTO at Railsbank - enabling fintech companies to access global banking with 5 lines of code, and driving the costs out of finance infrastructure so finance can be more inclusive and less abusive.