This session was not filmed.
The London Groovy and Grails User Group returns to Skills Matter for an evening of Groovy best practices.
Throughout the evening covering the following topics.
- When and how to use of closures
- Untyped vs explicit types
- Dynamic vs static typing
- The ins and outs of meta programming
- AST transformations
Tim permitted there may also be a talk on how Groovy is impacted by Java 8.
If you have an idea for a lightning talk, please submit these to the Meetup discussion board! We want to hear about your own experiences with Groovy. Things you've tried, things that worked and stuff that didn't. How Groovy has worked in Java teams and what type of guidelines have helped.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Gradle's New Model (SkillsCast recorded in December 2015)
- Modern Application Development with C# and .NET Core (in London on 16th - 19th December 2019)
- Lightning Talk: War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength (SkillsCast recorded in October 2018)
- Generative Programming in Action: Emulating the 3DS (SkillsCast recorded in February 2018)
Peter is a long time Java developer and one of the core Grails committers. He has been developing with Grails since version 0.2 (give or take 0.1). He created the GWT Grails plugin as an exercise to see whether it was possible, but it has since grown into something that can support serious development.