Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
A lot has happened since Lars Hupel gave his "State of the Typelevel" keynote at last years Scala eXchange. It hasn't always been plain sailing, but the arrival of the Cats project on the scene earlier this year marked the beginning an exciting period of collaboration among the Typelevel projects and reaching out to the wider Scala community that hadn't been possible before.
This talk is about those collaborations: between Algebra, Spire and Cats; between Cats and shapeless; between shapeless and scodec, doobie, ScalaCheck and Argonaut; and how all of this is feeding into the rebooted Typelevel Scala project. It's also an open invitation to people right across the Scala spectrum to get involved in these projects and see what they can do for them in their own work.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Shapeless is Dead! Long Live Shapeless! (SkillsCast recorded in December 2017)
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- Advanced Scala with Dick Wall (in London on 9th - 11th December 2019)
- Scalax2gether Community Day 2019 (in London on 14th December 2019)
- Code Kata: Yilin Wei - Optics with Monocle (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- The Last Frontier and Beyond (SkillsCast recorded in August 2019)
Keynote: Typelevel - the benefits of collaboration
Miles has been doing stuff with Scala for more than ten years, currently with Underscore Consulting. He is a cofounder of Typelevel and his best known project, the Scala generic programming library shapeless, is the weapon of choice wherever boilerplate needs to be scrapped or arities abstracted over.