Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
The measurement of time has always had a big impact on our society. The way we tell the time greatly evolved especially in the last centuries, leading to the creation of always more accurate tools, up to the first wearable technological devices. In this talk you will explore the evolution of horology. You will discover the common elements that remained unchanged across the centuries, and how you can still find them in modern wearable devices. You will also learn about how different it is to develop for a smartwatch, compared to a smartphone, especially considering the Android Wear platform.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Complications API (SkillsCast recorded in August 2016)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Flutter London June Meetup (in London on 17th June 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Android Home-screen Widgets with Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Full Stack Testing of Flutter Apps (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
From clockwork to smartwatch
Daniele Bonaldo is an Android software craftsman at Novoda London. He’s passionate about photography and wearable technologies. Before moving to London, he worked at i’m Spa, an Italian startup where he had the chance to play with the Android platform while developing one of the first smartwatches on the market ("Doing smartwatches before it was cool" as they said).