Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Using Kotlin for Android development has grown in popularity over the last year. Even to those who are not currently using it, the value proposition of the language immediately resonates. There already are a lot of introductory talks to the language and its extensions for use on Android. This talk will explore advancing the usage and design patterns of the language for Android development to solve larger problems.
Prior knowledge or use of Kotlin is not required to attend this talk. Some concepts of the language will be used without introduction but they are intuitive and/or quickly learned. Even if you don't fully understand every language concept on which each example is built, the resulting functionality will be clear.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Helping Dagger Help You (SkillsCast recorded in October 2018)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- Keynote by Markus Eisele on Java in the Age of Containers and Serverless (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Keynote by Emily Jiang on On Stage Hacking: Build 12-Factor Microservices in an Hour (in London on 23rd July 2019)
- Android Home-screen Widgets with Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Full Stack Testing of Flutter Apps (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
Advancing Development with the Kotlin Language
Android Framework engineer at Google working on Kotlin things. Has a long-time severe allergy to boilerplate code and for years has been raising awareness on the issue as well as leading efforts to eradicate this horrible disease that plagues modern developers.