Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Ever tried functional languages? Ever been annoyed that every time you see the same Fibonacci examples or yet another maths problem? So what can functional languages really teach us on your day to day life as Android developers? This talk will focus on what you can learn from functional languages and how to apply those concepts to any language. Ben will start by exploring some concrete examples and see how some functional approaches can make your life easier. Join Ben into a journey towards a more functional Android.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Usability Testing and Design (SkillsCast recorded in April 2015)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Flutter London June Meetup (in London on 17th June 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Scala 2.13 and Beyond! (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Introduction to Markov Chains in F# (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
Let's get Functional
Benjamin is a Software Craftsman and Android developer at Novoda. Ben might have started thinking functionally when, as a kid, he got hit on his head by a ladder while doing maths homework. Suddenly, he could see functions everywhere, and now he's sharing his visions with the world. Or maybe this is just one of those crazy made up back stories, who knows? One thing is sure, he is convinced that functional programming has a lot to teach us on our everyday work.