Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Developers used to the Java programming language from years spent in the trenches of web, server, and even desktop computing have developed certain patterns of how they use the language and the ecosystem of libraries surrounding it. But writing mobile apps is not the same as writing these other kinds of applications, and good Android apps will have to take mobile constraints into account. Join this session to learn how to use the language effectively and how to write better and more performant Android applications.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Keynote - Trash Talk: The Evolution of Garbage Collection on Android (SkillsCast recorded in October 2018)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Pivotal's Core Spring (in London on 8th - 11th July 2019)
- Flutter London June Meetup (in London on 17th June 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- AdoptOpenJDK - And how it impacts you in 2019 (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Distilling Agile for Effective Execution (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
Keynote - Android for Java Developers
Chet is the lead of the Android UI Toolkit team at Google, where he works on animations, graphics, and performance. He also writes technical articles, writes and performs comedy, and gives presentations at developer conferences like Droidcon London.