Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Over the last 18 months Ustwo Games took on the challenge of creating a VR experience that would be a worthy successor to the BAFTA award-winning Monument Valley. The result is Land’s End, the showcase game that Oculus and Samsung used to launch the new consumer version of the Gear VR.
VR is a totally new medium where existing design principles, genres and tropes must be left behind and new ones developed. This talk will describe why Ustwo Games is so excited about mobile VR and the lessons learnt pushing beyond the enthusiast origins of VR into making enjoyable VR experiences for everyone.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Brian Egan's Flutter and Dart Workshop (in London on 17th - 18th March 2020)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Keynote by Heather VanCura on The Future of Java and You (in London on 7th November 2019)
- NewDay Career Hub Drop-in (in London on 21st November 2019)
- Cleaning the Big Picture: Creating Maintainable Mobile Games in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Why I'm Building My Next App in Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in July 2019)
Land’s End: Creating the flagship mobile VR adventure
Peter has been Ustwo Games’ Technical Director for the last five years. Hailing from a background in console games he has fully embraced the challenge of making unique experiences for everyone on mobile devices, culminating in 2014’s Monument Valley.