Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
So you have decided that you have outgrown your monolithic application, and now you want to break it up into microservices. Just how do you go about that? Often likened to "building planes in the sky" complex restructuring projects often fail because teams lack the understanding of how to avoid going dark whilst delivering technical transformation.
In this presentation you will discover the key steps at decomposing your monolith. You'll learn about some key topics like: identifying your business capabilities, strangles, event interception, reference data and autonomy that will help you understand the steps in breaking your code loose from its monolithic prison.
You'll also discover how you gain buy-in.
By the end of this presentation you should have some idea of proven strategies for technical transformation projects.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- ProgNET London 2019 (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Event Driven Collaboration (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 1st - 3rd July 2019)
- Strategic DDD & Sociotechnical Architecture with Kacper Gunia and Nick Tune (in London on 30th September - 1st October 2019)
- Keynote Evening with Russ Miles (in London on 1st July 2019)
- Cloud Native July (in London on 3rd July 2019)
- Securing microservices in a serverless world (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Observability for Microservices: practical advice (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)