Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
"TDD is a design tool." That’s what Sandro has said for years. But not anymore. After working with different teams and in different organisations, and also carefully inspecting how he works, Sandro changed his mind about the role of TDD in software design.
In this talk Sandro will explain the pros and cons of the two main styles of TDD when it comes to software design, he'll discuss why some developers can test-drive well-crafted code while others can’t, and he'll also explain how to reason about design decisions.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: The Long Road (SkillsCast recorded in October 2015)
- Masterclass: Reducing Technical Debt with Michael C. Feathers (in London on 28th - 29th October 2019)
- Janet Gregory's Agile Testing for the Whole Team (in London on 28th - 30th October 2019)
- Jon Smart and Scrum Event present: Business Agility and Continuous Compliance (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Keynote: Is DevOps Still Relevant In A Cloud Native World? (Enterprise Edition) (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- TDD and the Terminator - A Guide to Better Test Driven Development (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Does TDD really lead to good design?
Sandro Mancuso is a software craftsman, author of The Software Craftsman: Professionalism, Pragmatism, Pride, and co-founder of the London Software Craftsmanship Community (LSCC)