Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Sundial is a soon to be open sourced scheduler for running jobs in Docker containers on AWS ECS. It was developed entirely in house at Gilt. The team previously evaluated off the shelf solutions such as Chronos and Mesos but found the existing solutions to be complex and require a lot of infrastructure to set up. This proved unpalatable in an organization with small engineering teams and no dedicated DevOps team.
Sundial offers an easy to setup solution to job scheduling without the infrastructural overhead of Chronos. It does so by leveraging AWS ECS which offers a container service for Docker containers as tasks or services. Features include viewing live logs for running jobs and saved logs for finished jobs. It provides dependency management between jobs and visualization of dependency graph showing status of failed, succeeded and running jobs. The only requirements are AWS and Docker Registry. Infrastructure is provisioned entirely by Cloudformation and is automatically configured.
Find out more at https://github.com/gilt/sundial
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Introduction to Docker Fundamentals (in London on 26th - 27th November 2019)
- Advanced Docker for Enterprise Operations (in London on 28th - 29th November 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- µCon London 2020 - The Conference on Microservices, DDD & Software Architecture (in London on 27th - 29th May 2020)
- NewDay Career Hub Drop-in (in London on 21st November 2019)
- Keynote Evening with Matt Saunders! (in London on 26th November 2019)
- DevOps and Microservices Better Together (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Contain Your Excitement: The Kubernetes Ingress Controller (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)