Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
There has been an explosion of interest in Apache Spark as a new, alternative computing paradigm for Hadoop. Spark provides a faster and more general data processing platform. Spark lets you run programs up to 100x faster in memory, or 10x faster on disk, than Hadoop. It offers something to interest to everyone from data scientists to functional programmers. Apache Spark comes with an interactive REPL, a SQL interface, distributed functional programming API, streaming interface and implementations of standard machine learning techniques.
This talk Deenar will provide an introduction to Spark to Scala developers, by covering its programming model, language and deployment options.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Maximize your Spark: Applying the Lambda Architecture with Spark/Spark Streaming (SkillsCast recorded in June 2015)
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- Advanced Scala with Dick Wall (in London on 9th - 11th December 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Scalax2gether Community Day 2019 (in London on 14th December 2019)
- Code Kata: Yilin Wei - Optics with Monocle (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- The Last Frontier and Beyond (SkillsCast recorded in August 2019)
Introduction to Apache Spark
Deenar Toraskar is the co-founder of Think Reactive, which provides Spark based responsive, resilient, elastic and ready-to-go data analytics solutions. The solution is built using state-of-the-art technology, end-to-end; from ETL and data pipelines (both batch and streaming), persistence adapters, to analysis and algorithms. All components are packaged using Docker and can run on bare metal or any cloud.