Writing microservices and running micro-services are two different kind of beasts. The small, simple & independent promise that microservices came with, opened a new range of problems.
During this talk we will see the challenges of deploying and running microservices architectures and how we're trying to solve that problem at the UK Home Office where we run a kubernetes cluster where we host different solutions based in microservices. During the talk will see how we do CI and, when possible, CD.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Harder, Better, Faster, the Kube way! (SkillsCast recorded in April 2016)
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 1st - 3rd July 2019)
- Strategic DDD & Sociotechnical Architecture with Kacper Gunia and Nick Tune (in London on 30th September - 1st October 2019)
- ProgNET London 2019 (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Keynote by Kris Nova on The Power of Linux Virtualization with Cloud Native (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Applying Chaos Engineering to build Resilient Serverless Applications (in London on 9th July 2019)
- Securing microservices in a serverless world (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Observability for Microservices: practical advice (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Continuous Deployment, Microservices and Kubernetes
Ivan has more than 17 years experience in the technology industry covering consulting, product development, architecture and solution deployment throughout the financial, telecoms and pharmaceutical industries with significant expertise in automation of data focused solutions. Currently working at the UKHome Office, Ivan is responsible for designing and implementing the CI/CD for their Digital Platform.