Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Unless you've been hiding under a rock for the past few years you've probably heard of this little piece of retro technology called VR, but VR is just for Games, right?
Let Shaun introduce you to WebVR. Yes. VR on the Web, in your browser and it works right now. Its early days yet but specs are being written and things are being built with it - not only is it awesome to experience its super fun to build with and experiment new ideas with and has a very low barrier to entry. You need a decent smartphone with a browser, a cardboard VR headset and a little bit of Code and you're rolling.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Aframe: Building The Open Metaverse with Shaun Dunne (SkillsCast recorded in May 2017)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Hands-on: Fractal art with Fable and WebGL (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Keynote by Bruce Lawson on How To Make Loveliness: an HTML Treasure Hunt (in London on 24th June 2019)
- Draft Day: Building a Fantasy Sports App with TypeScript (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Lightning Talk: Leveraging the Monorepo: Composable Apps with Webpack (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
In Your Face: VR is here and it wants to play
After having worked for 8 years building Web and Native things for numerous agencies, Shaun decided to set up his own company with a long-time colleague to build things that excite them and made work fun again. Not a Polyglot, more of (Programming)Language Buff who enjoys tinkering in code.