Mingle with the local Android community, listen to expert speakers and find out more about the latest Android advances. Pizza, drinks & darts compliments of Amazon Appstore Uk!
Mobile development is not just about mobile devices anymore: Android scaled up from mobile devices to the TV screen, and developers have now the occasion to start building for a brand new use case: the 10-foot experience. In this session, we cover what's needed to bring your Android app to the living room: we’ll dive into the Leanback Android support library and understand how to take advantage of the big TV screen while using new UI patterns for app navigation through the remote, and how to run your first TV app on Amazon Fire TV.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Developing High Quality Android Apps for TV in Minutes with Amazon Fire TV Developer Frameworks (SkillsCast recorded in October 2017)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Keynote by Markus Eisele on Java in the Age of Containers and Serverless (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Front Endgineers London (in London on 1st July 2019)
- The real reasons why you should care about Provider (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Hybrid Apps from a Ember/Vue/React PWA (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Londroid: Amazon Fire TV
Mario Viviani is Technology Evangelist at Amazon Appstore UK. From Milan, Italy, he started mobile development in 2010, focusing on the Android platform. In 2011 he founded the mobile-focused startup Mariux Apps, developing both consumer-oriented and third-party apps, where he published more than 90 apps and reached more than 12 million total downloads. In 2013 he was awarded by Google of the Google Developer Expert title for Android, and has spoken at worldwide events including Droidcon, Android Developer Days, TEDx and Google I/O.